Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Day at a Time


Last week was miserable; I won't hash out all the details, but for national and private reasons, it was a distressing and painful week. This week I have slowly been flexing emotional muscles and cleaning house (literally) in preparation for some exciting things. In the course of cleaning, I found the notebook where I had been keeping my list of items over which I was giving thanks. I'm sorry to say it's been months since I've written in it, but I decided to start again. Yesterday I filled an entire page, so I thought I'd share a few here.

- employment.
- the return of green, of leaves and grass that are suddenly awake with life.
- rain - though it is bringing burdens to some, it brings life as well.
- relative freedoms in my daily life.
- expectations of a home to call my own.
- always for hope.
- swelling music that reminds me of the existence of transcendence and the glory that is to come.
- for slow growth that is still growth.
- the opportunity to shed attachment to things of little importance, that are only dead weight.
- A history to remember to give thanks.
- clean hair, sweet smelling soap, rosemary and calla.
- I am fed and full, never far from healthy food.
- early morning light, hazy, full of promise.
- singing my heart out in the car.
- I believe! Help my unbelief! Teach me how to repent. This is an acceptable prayer.
- grace
- quiet moments, however brief.
- sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment