Sunday, January 11, 2015

January 11: 3 Yellow Gifts of Mercy

There wasn't a lot of yellow in my day, but instead of being ruled by the prompts, I'm remembering what I was grateful for in the course of the day.

31: My church. I wasn't going to stay for worship, I planned to leave after Sunday School so that I could miss an impending snow storm. But I stayed, and was blessed to worship God with his people and hear his word preached with hearty choruses of "amen!" - I am beyond grateful for the Body of Christ and this particular local church.

32: the ability to cook delicious things. I know many people my own age who don't cook, for whatever reason that might be, I don't know. But I love to make good food, to share it with others, to eat something that is meaningful and memorable and sometimes beautiful.

33: Jessica! Her birthday was today and it's just nice to be able to relax and celebrate her presence in my life. I have (and have had) fabulous roommates... very grateful for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment