Thursday, January 8, 2015

January 8: Dusky Light, Surprising Reflection, Lovely Shadows



22: Winter never fails to surprise me with the fading golden embers of sunlight, shining against a sky of navy blue. It makes my heart skip a beat to walk out into the evening, bundled against the cold, only to find myself standing still in awe of the beauty.

23: This is less an actual reflection so much as it is a realization... I have a lot of intentions for 2015, and I feel a lot of anxiety for screwing them up. This surprises me because I didn't think I was that invested... but apparently I am that invested.

24: Revisiting a beloved story ('Gilead' by Marilynne Robinson) and struck by the fact that it has been a decade since I first read the story, and how long a shadow it has cast over my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment