Saturday, June 16, 2012

Before You Were Born

I am always in one of two opposite states of mind lately: either I am completely at peace with still being pregnant, or I am impatiently frustrated that the baby isn't here yet. Tomorrow the little one will be full term at forty weeks; while I'm not counting on him/her coming on the due date, every day is still full of anticipation that it might be THE birth-day. Keeping myself occupied with small tasks, relaxing hobbies, and everyday routines is the best way to not worry about the baby coming or not.

As I was reading through the Psalms last night, a particular passage from Psalm 71 leaped to my attention.

For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O Lord, from my youth.
Upon you I have leaned from before my birth;
you are He who took me from my mother's womb.
My praise is continually of you.


While certainly making use of poetic language, these verses make me ponder God's incredible plans that He has for us. What joy there is in trusting the God who cared for me even before I was born!



86. A dining room table from a garage sale, big enough to seat guests finally

87. Witnessing God's powerful mercy working in a man's life at church

88. Surprise of extra money coming from an unexpected lottery ticket; God works in mysterious ways

89. The blessing of being a two-car family

90. Dried herbs sweet-smelling

91. An entire day spent with Chris

92. Wonderful books and dvds to rent at the local library

93. Em getting a job within a few days of job-searching

94. Tasty pregnancy tea (iced) from Cheryl's Herbs

95. Our church beginning a summer of memorizing Scripture together

96. Extra hours at work for Chris when his schedule is sparse

97. Evening walks with Chris in the cool almost-night air

98. Watching a documentary about Michelangelo with church friends

99. Beanbag pillow making our bed mattress more comfy, as pregnancy makes sleeping difficult

100. New baby raccoon visiting my patio!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! It inspires me to be thankful and look at all the wonder around us daily.
    Ann Stuber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just now saw your comment here, Ann! Thank you so much for the encouragement! I will be checking comments more often : )

      Delete