Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Time to Hope

Lyssa reminded me that I hadn't posted here in a while... it's true. And I don't have the same life changes as she does to counter as an appropriate excuse. Sometimes it just feels like I'm moving from moment to moment without really stopping... that's been the whole point of this blog. To stop, to look, to rejoice. I haven't really made an effort to stop and rejoice in what God has given.

The last few months have been full of a lot of joy and sorrow and even a little healing for my soul. A few things I am thankful for...

... a friend's new child, born to parents who love her, who already are anxious to provide her with a safe, happy, challenging life...

... the opportunity to see far-flung friends, to travel and to host friends, to fellowship and to cry without fear, to feel safe and loved...

... generous and unexpected gifts, given out of a desire for growth and the use of gifts...

... a safe place to talk, to grieve, to process...

... baseball...

... small moments of hope...

... new ideas, the desire to write, the need for perseverance - Lord, I believe! Help my unbelief!

No comments:

Post a Comment