Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Peace from the Keeper

The universe with all its myriad creatures is thine,
made by thy word,
upheld by thy power,
governed by thy will.
But thou art also the Father of mercies,
the God of all grace,
the bestower of all comfort,
the protector of the saved.

Thy greatness is unsearchable,
Thy name most excellent,
Thy glory above the heavens...

We bless thee for preservation, supplies, mercies,
and to thee, keeper of souls, we commit all we are and have.

~ The Valley of Vision, Third Morning and Evening excerpts


At the end of a long day, my daughter relaxes her body completely in my arms when I put her to bed. She trusts me to hold her, sing to her, nurse her, sit with her as she drifts into sleep. Then it clicks: just as she finds peace in knowing that I am her protector, her comforter, so I can rest my soul in the hands of the Keeper.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives; do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." The song-verse that we learned with the children in church this Sunday rings through my head. Today I wish to find this simple peace in knowing that the Keeper of my soul, the Keeper of the Universe, is in charge.

Peace for my soul.

Rest in His plan.

Mercy and grace.

Life daily sustained.

So many gifts.

Following the Path Where It Leads

The Start

The First Day: There was Evening, and There was Morning

The Second Day: Thy Bounty is Seen

No comments:

Post a Comment