Monday, May 28, 2012

Expanding My View

It's funny that Heather wrote of her gratitude list this week seeming centered around her senses, especially food. I was going to write the exact same thing about my list! Once I noticed that many of my blessings were food-related, I tried to expand my vision a bit. Food is lovely and wonderful (especially when I'm pregnant) but there are definitely more things to be thankful for.

After completing my final week of teaching, it was hard not to write "MATERNITY LEAVE, SO GRATEFUL!!!!" over and over in my gratitude journal! I really love being a music teacher, but these past few weeks have been exhausting. I am definitely ready for a break as I prepare for and enter the transition into motherhood.

The Psalms have been drawing me in lately. They make a huge connection between seeing God's character better and falling into praise and thanksgiving because of it. What a beautiful cycle: I call upon the Lord, find anew that God is truly good, glorify Him in gratefulness, draw closer to Him in love... call upon the Lord, find anew that God is good, glorify Him in gratefulness, draw closer in love...

O Lord, I am your servant... you have loosed my bonds.
I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving 
and call upon the name of the Lord.
I will pay my vows to the Lord in the presence of all His people,
in the courts of the house of the Lord, in your midst, O Jerusalem.
Praise the Lord!
~ Psalm 116:16-19


41. Green knitted class cozy

42. Handmade bracelets from a sweet student

43. Internet access right in my own home

44. The neighbors strumming guitar and singing on their porch

45. Blue and brown yarn on my knitting needles

46. New clover blooming in the grass

47. Thank-you notes to write

48. Five seasons of the Antiques Road Show for free online

49. Parking underneath shade trees in hot temperatures

50. Mother sparrows feeding their babies at our feeder

51. Crunchy apples to satisfy my fresh fruit craving

52. June, July, and August of no teaching!

53. Books on tape gifted for the Little One; memories from my childhood re-awakened

54. Home-made strawberry smoothie for breakfast

55. Comfy brown skirt that fits no matter how big my tummy gets

No comments:

Post a Comment